Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This smooth, creamy sauce tastes great with my Roasted Chicken with Curry Leaves and Spices!
- 1 pint milk
- 1⁄2 onion, large dice
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 whole nutmeg, broken
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 ounce clarified butter
- 1 ounce flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- In a saucepan, simmer milk, onion, cloves, nutmeg and curry powder for 20 minutes.
- In another sauce pan, make a white roux with the butter and flour.
- Strain milk and gradually add to roux while stirring constantly with whisk. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Combine egg yolk and crème fraise in a bowl. Add a small amount of hot sauce to egg and cream mixture. Stirring constantly, slowly add egg mixture to the rest of the hot sauce.
- Finish sauce with sherry, adjust seasonings and garnish with paprika.