1 hr 10 mins
A cool, silky, summertime soup fit for a king or queen. Your family and guests will feel like royalty when you serve them this elegant soup with scrumptuous crab garnish. My DH enjoys this soup hot, while I like it cold; it's delicious either way. As a bonus, there are no dairy products or soy products used to create the creamy texture of this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sweet onion, chopped (Vidalia, Maui, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, peeled,tough ends snapped off,and then cut into pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (unsweetened kind)
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced very thin
- 1 cup crabmeat, fresh or canned drained and rinsed flaked
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook the onion in butter in a medium saucepan over low heat for around 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add curry powder and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Add the carrots, potatoes, asparagus, soy sauce, coconut milk and broth to the pan.
- 4The liquid should barely cover the vegetables, so add or subtract broth if necessary.
- 5Bring to the boiling point, then turn down the heat to low.
- 6Cover the pan and simmer for around 45 minutes until the carrots and potatoes are soft.
- 7In batches, puree the soup in a blender.
- 8Next, pour it through a strainer into a bowl to remove all lumps remaining.
- 9Taste the soup for seasoning, adding salt and pepper to your taste preference.
- 10Chill the soup in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- 11Taste soup again, since chilling often reduces the flavor impact.
- 12Pour into 4 shallow bowls.
- 13Spoon 1/4 cup crab meat into the center of each bowl and sprinkle with some sliced green onions.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Asparagus Vichyssoise
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.5
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 339.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: