Recipe by Vina
I've made this recipe for 20 years and often serve it on holidays. It's got a fresh, clean taste that goes well with other, heavier foods. Plus, it's very attractive on the table. Make the dressing with the lesser amount of curry and taste before adding more. (Cooking time is chill time.)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder (or more)
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely grated onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, cooked to crisp tender, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first six ingredients and blend well.
- Combine chilled asparagus and mushrooms.
- Place dressing mix on top and mix well to combine evenly.
- Serve immediately.
- If making ahead, keep veggies and dressing separate until right before serving.
- Can also be served with the dressing separate, to add as desired.