Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Easy asparagus dish
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Heat 1 inch salted water in medium pot, bring to boil.
- Add asparagus and onion.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 3 minutes.
- Cover and simmer about 4 minutes longer or until tender-crisp; drain.
- Set aside.
- Heat sour cream and curry powder in same saucepan, stirring constantly,until warm;fold into asparagus.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
This was a nice way to serve asparagus. I usually put on some butter and salt, so a change of pace was good. The sauce was nice and creamy. I added a little salt and left out the peanuts cause my husband can't eat them. Thanks!
Thanks for the super easy recipe - even my husband loved it and he hates veggies!
A great way to serve asparagus - liked the creamy curried taste. I will try it next with chopped or slivered almonds instead of the peanuts. Then I would also add some salt.