Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This quick and easy dip is something really unique for parties. Great with raw carrots and celery, or with whole wheat crackers. It's from Vegetarian Times
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, and curry powder in food processor or blender, and process until smooth (about 1 minute) Add artichokes, parsley, scallion, salt and pepper.
- Process mixture until artichokes are coursly chopped in small pieces.
- Dip can be served with crackers, raw veggies, or toasted crusty bread.
Very fresh, tasty dip. I made it for a fall party, and it was very nice accompanied by carrots, celery, and toasted baguette bread. I followed the recipe exactly, and just sprinkled a bit of curry on the top of the dip. I processed it for quite some time, and the dip (before adding the artichokes) never really got smooth, so the texture wasn't quite what I expected. Next time, I'll try processing in the blender instead of in the Cuisinart. Nice taste, and BTW, it's also very nice as a sandwich spread! Thanks, Kozmic Blues!