Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This quick and easy dip is something really unique for parties. Great with raw carrots and celery, or with whole wheat crackers. It's from Vegetarian Times
Top Review by Lizzie-Babette
Very fresh, tasty dip. I made it for a fall party, and it was very nice accompanied by carrots, celery, and toasted baguette bread. I followed the recipe exactly, and just sprinkled a bit of curry on the top of the dip. I processed it for quite some time, and the dip (before adding the artichokes) never really got smooth, so the texture wasn't quite what I expected. Next time, I'll try processing in the blender instead of in the Cuisinart. Nice taste, and BTW, it's also very nice as a sandwich spread! Thanks, Kozmic Blues!
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, and curry powder in food processor or blender, and process until smooth (about 1 minute) Add artichokes, parsley, scallion, salt and pepper.
- Process mixture until artichokes are coursly chopped in small pieces.
- Dip can be served with crackers, raw veggies, or toasted crusty bread.