Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A SPICED-UP version of a great American classic!
- 2 medium apples
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and chop the apples into ¼ inch cubes. Mix the apple cubes with the raisins, orange zest, orange juice, flour, garam masala, curry powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 squares and place them on baking stones or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Gently roll out each square into a diamond shape.
- Top each diamond with a tablespoon of apple mixture.
- Whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the egg wash over the edges of the diamond. Then fold the dough over the apple mixture and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar. Bake for 17-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.