1/1 Photo of Curried Apple Turnovers
A SPICED-UP version of a great American classic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and chop the apples into ¼ inch cubes. Mix the apple cubes with the raisins, orange zest, orange juice, flour, garam masala, curry powder, salt and brown sugar.
- 2Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 squares and place them on baking stones or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Gently roll out each square into a diamond shape.
- 3Top each diamond with a tablespoon of apple mixture.
- 4Whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the egg wash over the edges of the diamond. Then fold the dough over the apple mixture and crimp the edges with a fork.
- 5Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar. Bake for 17-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- 6Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Apple Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 105.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of