A SPICED-UP version of a great American classic!
Make and share this Curried Apple Turnovers recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and chop the apples into ¼ inch cubes. Mix the apple cubes with the raisins, orange zest, orange juice, flour, garam masala, curry powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 squares and place them on baking stones or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Gently roll out each square into a diamond shape.
- Top each diamond with a tablespoon of apple mixture.
- Whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the egg wash over the edges of the diamond. Then fold the dough over the apple mixture and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar. Bake for 17-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.