Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Original recipe presented by The Darby Field Inn & Restaurant, I have modified it a bit. That recipe called for 1/2 cup cooked rice, which you can certainly add here if you wish. This soup is full of curry spice, and the added sweetener is optional. I have been using gala apples, granny smith might work nicely as well.
- Spray a large non-stick pot with cooking spray. Over medium heat, add garlic, onion and apple, sauteing until they start to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle in curry powder and salt and cook, stirring for one minute.
- Add zucchini and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat. With an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. (Or use a food processor or blender in batches.).
- Heat the soup again over low, stirring in the milk. Serve hot.