Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
great little Sunday night soup recipe from the soup bible. Serve with naan or pappadums. Make vegetarian with vege stock or
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled and cored
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 brown onions
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons plain white flour
- 4 cups vegetable stock (can be made up from cubes) or 4 cups chicken stock (can be made up from cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- 1. Finely chop apple, onion and celery.
- 2. Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- 3. Add apple, celery, and onion and cook 3-4 minutes.
- 4. Add curry powder and flour, stir through apples and veges, and cook a further 2-3 minutes (careful not to burn the curry powder.
- 5. Add stock and simmer 10 minutes or until apples and veges are tender.
- 6. Remove from heat and blend until smooth (I use an immersion blender). Return to heat and bring to a simmer.
- 7. Serve with dollops of yoghurt.