Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Came across these while looking for a tea biscuit recipe in all of my cookbooks. Not exactly what I was looking for, but very good and easy.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Scrumptious, addicting little soft cookies! Oh, these are so tasty I had to force myself away from the cookie platter. These are a snap to make, but they spread quite a bit - be sure to leave plenty of room between each cookie on the baking sheets or they will spread together while baking. This makes tons of cookies. The touch of lemon and the richness of the butter make these so tasty. Also - check them early as they remain very light yellow when cooked - if you overbake a batch, they develop a brown ring. After the first batch, I knew to pull them out at exactly 9 minutes for my oven.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dried currant (or raisins)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, lemon peel and lemon juice until light.
- Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- In another bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well until blended.
- Stir in currants.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto greased and floured baking sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.