Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Bon Appetit 1992.
- 3⁄4 cup dried currant
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried fines herbes or 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 (14 ounce) packagecubed herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- Combine currants and sherry in medium bowl.
- Let stand until currants are plump, about 30 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and fines herbes.
- Saute until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Place stuffing cubes in bowl.
- Melt 1/2 cup better in 2 cups water in saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour over stuffing cubes.
- Add currant mixture, vegetable mixture and pecans.
- Toss to combine. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.).