Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Double the sugar syrup for creme de cassis. You can divide this recipe And make half cassis and half creme de cassis. Creme de cassis is commercially made with brandy, but it is also delicious made with vodka.
- Boil 1 cup water. Add currants. Cover, turn off heat and let currants plump in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain off water.
- Place currants and alcohol in a tightly closed jar and steep for 1 week.
- Shake jar occasionally during steeping.
- Strain and filter.
- Add enough sugar syrup for cassis, or more for creme de cassis, to your taste. Mature for 2 weeks.
- Either recipe makes 1 cup.