Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I collected some recipes using currant jelly and this is one of them.
- 4 lbs beef rib eye roast, well trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy, your favorite brand
- 1⁄4 cup currant jelly
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard, dissolved in
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary and press evenly onto the roast.
- Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Put meat thermometer in thickest part of the meat. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast meat for 18 minutes per pound for medium rare. Roast until thermometer reads 140°F and place meat on a large cutting board and let is sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the sauce ingredients and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Carve roast into slices and serve with sauce.