Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple recipe that is company worthy. Serve it with red cabbage and spaetzle or potato dumplings and your guests OR family's tastebuds will thank you. This meal is a wonderful melding of flavors.
- 1⁄3 cup red currant jelly or 1⁄3 cup black currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon Bavarian beer vinegar (I used cider vinegar)
- 1 (2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In small bowl combine jelly and vinegar, set aside.
- Rub tenderloin with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Place on rack in shallow roasting pan, roast 20 minutes.
- Spoon some jelly-vinegar glaze over tenderloin.
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted in center of tenderloin registers 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven, spoon with remaining glaze and cover with foil.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- NOTE: I served this with a jar of drained red cabbage to which I added 1 tablespoon of the currant jelly, The red cabbage complemented the meal perfectly.