Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Delicious and smells wonderful!
- 6 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1⁄4 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Pierce top of roast serveal times with a flork and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast 1 hour and 45 minutes or until meat reaches 160º.
- Combine next 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush pork with mixture every 10 minutes during last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove roast to a serving platter and let stand at least 10 minutes.
- Pour water into roasting pan, stirring to combine with pan drippings.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Slice roast and serve with pan drippings.
It is a very tasty roast, & the combo of flavors really made it, expecially the teriyaki marinade & the currant jelly!! Served over hot brown rice ~ OUTSTANDING! [Tagged as a bonus recipe, then made & reviewed for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap, Mar 08]