The old-fashioned Christmas drop cake from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and grease baking pans very well.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy; add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- 3Add a little of the flour, rind and juice of lemon and salt.
- 4Work the rest of the flour in slowly along with the currants.
- 5Drop by spoonfuls, pressing flat with a knife as the cakes are better when very thin.
- 6Bake until lightly browned, about ten minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Currant Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1806 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 50.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g