I love toasted ramen noodles in Chinese Coleslaw, so knew I would enjoy this! Crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor, you will be glad you tried these yummy onion rings! This is adapted from Hugging the Coast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Batter(you will be using 2 cups)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, with 1 flavoring packet reserved
- oil, for frying
- 1 large vidalia onion, peeled, sliced into 3/4 inch rings, and separated (use a very large onion, can use yellow onion)
- 1To make batter, blend flour, salt, pepper in a bowl. Add in beaten eggs and beer.
- 2Break off half of one block of the ramen noodles and pulse it in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
- 3Stir the ground ramen noodles into the batter and set aside.
- 4Break up the remaining noodles into small chunks and either process them carefully in small batches until they’re chopped into small bits (but not ground) or put them in a heavy duty plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin or soup can.
- 5Spread the crushed noodles in a shallow bowl and shake the contents of the flavor packet over them; mix thoroughly.
- 6Heat 1/2 to 3/4 inches oil in a heavy skillet to 375 degrees.
- 7Dip an onion ring into the batter, coating thickly, and dredge in the crushed noodles. Lay it gently into the oil and cook until golden, turning once. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining rings. You can do 2-3 at a time depending on the size of your skillet, but take care not to crowd the pan or let the temperature drop too much, or the rings will turn out greasy.
- 8Enjoy alone, or with your favorite dip(Rainforest Cafe Safari Sauce, sweet Thai chili sauce, those leftover packets of duck sauce are all good).
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curly Ramen Crunch Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (790 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1490.7
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 7533.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 224.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 45.5 g