Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food & Wine. 1998.
Make and share this Curly Pasta With Spinach and Chickpeas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach, stemmed and washed well
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 ounces pancetta, cut into thin strips
- 4 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb curly spaghetti, broken in half or 1 lb fusilli, col buco broken in half
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet. Gradually add the fresh spinach and cook over moderately high heat, stirring between additions, until wilted.
- Transfer the spinach to a colander and rinse under cold water, then gently squeeze fairly dry.
- Coarsely chop the spinach.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta and garlic and cook over low heat, stirring, until the garlic is lightly browned, about 12 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- Return the spinach to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring, until heated through.
- Add the chickpeas and reserved pasta water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve at once.