Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this out of a Taste of Home cookbook, which this my kids favorite. The only way I can get my 13 year old to eat vegetables! Both my kids are hooked on Ramen noodles.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (3 ounce) packagebeef flavored oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- In a skillet brown beef; drain.
- Stir in noodles with contents of accompanying seasoning packet, tomatoes and corn; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 10 mintues or until the noodles are tender.
I first saw this at Kaboose http://recipes.kaboose.com/quick-and-easy-oriental-beef-and-noodles.html years and years ago, and I'm so glad I gave it a chance! It's surprisingly good! My family prefers less meat, so I use 1/3 to 1/2 pound ground beef. Most recently, I used a leftover home-grilled 1/3-pound burger, and I think that was the best batch yet! It had a subtly smoky grill-y flavor ... mmMmm! I use frozen corn instead (often "measuring" it in the now-empty diced tomato can). So quick, so simple, so yummy ...
Very easy and delicious. Your kids will love this. Mine kept saying, "mmmmmm" during supper! Thanks.