Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Allrecipes.com. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds delicious.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces uncooked tri-color spiral pasta
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the chicken, onion, celery, carrots and garlic in butter and oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, basil, oregano and pepper until blended.
- Gradually add broth and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Return to a boil; stir in the pasta.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.