Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Adapted from Taste of Home. I don't know who Curly Maple is , but she makes some great muffins! These tender muffins with their wholesome, old-fashioned flavor are delicious! I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for the all- purpose. **PLEASE NOTE**. If you substitute store-bought wheat flour for the all-purpose, you do not need to add the additional amount of flour - just use the same amount as all-purpose.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 2 1/2 cups freshly ground soft wheat flour or 2 1/2 cups oat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.
- Mix just until combined.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.