'Curly-locks, Curly-locks, wilt thou be mine? Thou shalt not wash the dishes, nor yet feed the swine; But sit on a cushion, and sew a fine seam And feed upon strawberries, sugar, and cream.' -Mother Goose
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced (or more depending on the size of the strawberries)
- 1 -2 teaspoon raw sugar or 1 -2 teaspoon superfine sugar or 1 -2 teaspoon demerara sugar, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons half-and-half, heavy cream, homemade whipped cream (read *Note) or 2 -3 tablespoons drained plain yogurt aka Greek yogurt (read *Note)
- 1*Note: [NO] Cool Whip!
- 2Place the sliced strawberries in a pretty serving dish.
- 3Sprinkle sugar over the strawberries.
- 4Pour half and half or heavy cream on and around the strawberries. Or, if you prefer, add a dollop of real whipped cream or spoonful of drained plain yogurt (aka Greek yogurt).
- 5For a special touch, garnish with one of the optional ingredients.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curly Locks' Special: Strawberries, Sugar and Cream for 1
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g