Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg, hard-boiled and peeled
- 3 cups loosely packed red leaf lettuce, washed and spun dry
- 3 cups loosely packed green leaf lettuce, washed and spun dry
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, pitted,peeled,and roughly chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces,cooked until crisp,and drained
- 1 green onion, very thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Chop or coarsely grate the egg and add it to the dressing.
- Refrigerate, covered, until needed.
- Combine the lettuces in a large serving bowl.
- Add the avocado, bacon and green onion.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine well.
- Serve immediately.
This was a terrific salad. We needed to make MUCH more dressing however - so keep in mind to make triple at least for the dressing. Great flavor!! Enjoyed by all who ate this salad.