Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I discovered this winning combination by accident. I was looking for a veggie side-dish that would go well with lentils and was quick and easy to prepare. Onion and carrot also go into the mix. The sweetness of the carrot and raisins is a wonderful pairing with the earthy flavors of the kale and walnuts. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 10 raisins
- 5 walnuts, crumbled into pieces
- 4 cups kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add carrots, onions, raisins, walnuts and chili and saute until onions are soft.
- Add the kale, salt and a couple tablespoons of water. Cover pan with a lid.
- Check the kale after a couple of minutes. Add more water and cook longer if necessary.