Got this from "The Italian Country Table" where its called "Roman Salad". We enjoy it, hope you do too. I don't always use the belgian endive so I guess you don't have to either. I like to serve this with grilled meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash greens and cut into bite sized pieces.
- 2Bone anchovies if needed and mash together with the garlic with a mortar and pestle into a paste.
- 3Blend in the vinegar and let sit about 5 minutes.
- 4Toss the greens with the anchovy mixture.
- 5Add olive oil and salt and pepper.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curly Endive Salad
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 84.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: