Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another tempting recipe I found trolling epicuirous. Wanted to stockpile it here in my Zaar cookbook! Please let me know what you think - I love corn pudding! You can also use Splenda in place of the sugar, still yummy!
- 3 1⁄4 cups corn (from 4 ears, reserve cobs)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons dried sweetened coconut (optional)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (plus more, for top)
- Scrape cobs with a knife over a bowl to extract "milk."
- Put corn, corn "milk", and remaining ingredients with a pinch of salt in a blender; blend until smooth (you may want to omit the coconut, or save it till right before the fridge).
- Force through a sieve into a heavy medium saucepan, pressing hard on and then discarding solids.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, and boil, while whisking constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Pour into 6 custard cups and chill, uncovered, at least 30 minutes. After one hour, you must replace cover, and can keep inn fridge up to 3 days.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.