Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saw this on Good Chef Bad Chef and well was intrigued by the recipe so posting.
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (I would use Madras but I like hot)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- sea salt (to taste0 )
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 6 slices bread (wholemeal crust removed)
- Place the eggs and avocado in a mixing bowl and mash until smooth and then add all the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 3 slices of bread on a tray and add 2 tablespoons of the egg/avocado mixture to each slice and then place remaining bread of top of mixture to make a sandwich and then cut into three fingers.
This was very good, I really enjoyed it, partner is still stuck on grilled cheeses for lunch lol.
Great lunch! Loved that there is no mayo in this and the texture (was worried when I started to mash that it would be too thick but it turned out to be perfect), another concern was that it would be too much curry for DH (sound just right for me but he is not big on spicy of any kind) but he said it was really good. Thanks for the post.