Prep 4 hrs
Cook 4 mins
A tasty treat from "Bacchanalia", a fancy Restaurant in Atlanta.
- 1 whole king salmon, side (with skin)
- 1⁄2 cup sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh chives
Leek and Cucumber Relish
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced small
- 4 young leeks, trimmed
- 4 shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil, reserve some whole for garnish
- 1 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (optional, will work with no oil)
- 1 tablespoon black truffle oil (a "Splash")
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper (to taste)
- Cured salmon:.
- Season salmon with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle herbs over top of salmon.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Leek and cucumber relish:.
- Slice leeks lengthwise, put flat side down and thinly slice across.
- Rinse in cool water and drain well.
- In a pot of boiling water blanch leeks for 1 minute and refresh in ice bath.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Lightly salt cucumber after it is diced and set aside for about 1 hour.
- Combine champagne vinegar, shallots, sugar, mustard and chervil in a bowl.
- Whisk together slowly drizzling in olive oil until emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze out excess liquid in leeks and cucumber and combine with vinaigrette.
- Cook salmon over medium flame for 4 minutes on skin side only.
- Serve with cucumber relish.