Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The fact that I made this while suffering from a horrible cold attests to how easy it is!
Make and share this Cure for the Common Cold Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons chicken base (I like Better than Boullion brand)
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 small onions, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 1 (12 ounce) can white meat chicken
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Heat to boiling; simmer, covered 15 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Return to boil; simmer uncovered 7-10 minutes or until noodles are tender.