Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cure-A-Cold Spring Chicken Soup (From Rachael Ray)
Make and share this Cure-A-Cold Spring Chicken Soup (From Rachael Ray) recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 onions (1 halved and 1 chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 carrots (chopped or thinly sliced)
- 4 small celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄3 lb wide egg noodles
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon peel, grated
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, halved onion, garlic, bay leaf and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrots and celery; add the sugar and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pot and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and 2 cups water to the pot and bring to a boil. Shred the poached chicken into pieces and add to the soup. Stir in the egg noodles and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the scallions, parsley, dill and lemon peel. Season with salt and pepper.