Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Homemade Ricotta with noodles: I teach Ricotta-making classes and it is very easy and delicious. There is no reason to buy Ricotta any more.
- 1 lb macaroni noodles
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- To make Ricotta: heat milk to 185 degrees (low and slow). Turn off heat and add lemon juice. Curds and whey will separate. Pour into a cloth lined colander. Stir in Hidden Valley mix and let set for 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain and line the bottom of the 8x8 with 1/3 of the noodles. Top with 1/2 Ricotta, 1/2 spinach, and 1/3 tomato sauce. Repeat. Add the final noodles, sauce, and cover with Parmesan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.