Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 ounces medium-grind oatmeal
- 10 ounces heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons runny honey
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- 12 ounces raspberries
- Toast the oatmeal on a cookie sheet under the broiler, or in a hot oven, watch it carefully and stir it from time to time, until it turns a pale golden color.
- Leave it to cool completely.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape, stir in the honey and whiskey, then the cold toasted oatmeal.
- Layer the raspberries and the cream mixture in the glasses, saving a few of the berries for decoration on top.
- Serve slightly cool.
This was good, the family liked it, though it needed a little sweetening. A little sugar in the berries and/or in the whipped cream.