Recipe by Tisme
Great to serve on a platter with crackers or melba toasts. Very much like the fruit cheese you buy in the supermarket. Great tasting and easy to make. Preparation time includes the chilling and soaking.
Top Review by Chickee
Thanks Tisme, this was what I wanted- yummy! I added some almond slivers to the mix, and made it into a flat round then rolled the sides in poppyseeds. Looked very impressive and I couldn't stop tasting it! I'll make it again. Didn't use the milk as I had spreadable cream cheese.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup orange liqueur
- 250 g softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- chopped unblanched whole almonds
- chopped walnuts or poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apricots and sultanas with the orange liqueur and soak for at least 3 hours.
- Beat the cream cheese and milk together until smooth,then fold in the soaked fruit and refrigerate for at least an hour or until firm. Mould into a ball or a flat round, when moulded press the nuts or poppy seeds into the surface of the cheese ball. Chill until required and serve.