Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Great to serve on a platter with crackers or melba toasts. Very much like the fruit cheese you buy in the supermarket. Great tasting and easy to make. Preparation time includes the chilling and soaking.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup orange liqueur
- 250 g softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- chopped unblanched whole almonds
- chopped walnuts or poppy seed
- Combine apricots and sultanas with the orange liqueur and soak for at least 3 hours.
- Beat the cream cheese and milk together until smooth,then fold in the soaked fruit and refrigerate for at least an hour or until firm. Mould into a ball or a flat round, when moulded press the nuts or poppy seeds into the surface of the cheese ball. Chill until required and serve.
Thanks Tisme, this was what I wanted- yummy! I added some almond slivers to the mix, and made it into a flat round then rolled the sides in poppyseeds. Looked very impressive and I couldn't stop tasting it! I'll make it again. Didn't use the milk as I had spreadable cream cheese.