1/1 Photo of Cupid's Chocolate Cake
Shannon 24's Note:
I found this recipe in the Taste of Home Magazine, it is by Shelain Duncan. I made this for my husband birthday when we were first married. I think he was trying to pull a fast one on me. I found out later that his mom always refused to make Chocolate cake with white icing. I have attempted this feat twice in our 7 years of marriage - you think I would have learned! Anyways, despite MY cakes end appearance, it tasted wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one a time, beating well after each one. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- 2Combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture, alternating with water. Pour into 3 greased and floured 9" round pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
- 3Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 4For filling, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Beat in icing sugar and remaining vanilla.
- 5Place bottom cake layer on serving plate. Spread with half the filling. Repeat. Place top layer on cake. Frost top and sides of cake with buttercream icing. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cupid's Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.9
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.5 mg
- Sodium 396.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: