Recipe by BlueDoxie
Barbecue without a barbecue! I made these for my now-husband when we were still dating. Love was in the air and so was the smell of these delicious ribs!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Delicious!! We really pigged out on these ribs! (pardon the pun) I have a very similar sauce recipe that I've been making for years, so I knew the flavor would be good, but I was really interested in the cooking method. I usually boil my ribs till tender, then add the cooked sauce and broil for 10 minutes. I liked that the 30 minute baking first, and then crock pot the rest of the day, freed up a lot more of my time. My newest (the largest) crock pot cooks too hot, so I should have called them done at about 4 hours, but they were in there for 6, until DH got home for dinner. They were starting to dry out a bit, so next time I'll adjust the cook time for my too-hot crock! :) Thanks for sharing, BlueDoxie! Made & enjoyed for the Spring 2012 Pick A Chef event.
- 4 lbs pork back ribs
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking pan. Brown in oven for 15 minutes. Turn and brown another 15 minutes; drain fat.
- Mix sauce together in a bowl: ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Place ribs in slow cooker (I use my largest, a 6-quart model). Pour sauce over ribs and turn until coated. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until ribs are tender.