Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I havent tried these yet. I just got this recipe today from a friend but since Tomorrow is Valentine's Day I thought it was a good occasion. They do sound really good though.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- Mix butter or margarine and sugar in a large bowl.
- until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs.
- Mix well.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Mix well.
- Place by teaspoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet several inches apart.
- Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Fill each indentation with strawberry jam.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
I had some strawberries lying around, and decided to use those in the cookies instead of jam. I just mashed them up and added a little organic honey, they turned out great!<3 i do think the dough was a bit too oily, i might subsitute something else next time like applesauce to make it healthier:)
Although it was a bit time consuming, I really enjoyed this recipe! The dough was not very sweet, and it complimented the jelly nicely! Thanks!
I made these yesterday for a Valentine lunch and everyone loved them! They were really easy to make and tasted great! I will make these again. Great cookies!