Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Who doesn't love PB!!! There's an extra 10 minutes inactive prep time not listed in times. Recipe courtesy Paula Deen Episode#: PA1A18
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and flour cupcake cups and place them in muffin tins.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter until fluffy.
- Add the sugar and continue to cream for approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour and milk, alternating, into the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Add the vanilla and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Divide the batter equally among the cupcake papers.
- Level the batter by dropping muffin pan on counter top to release the air bubbles.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using a small bowl, combine the chocolate frosting and the peanut butter and blend well.
- When cupcakes have cooled, frost the tops with the peanut butter icing.
I haven't tried them yet either, but they sound great. I have a bag of self-rising flour and was wondering what I can use it for. Now I have a recipe to try.
Lee, these were so quick and so easy. The icing in wonderful! EVERYONE really enjoyed them and several people couldn't believe it was a can of frosting with PB mixed in. Thanks for sharing!