Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Who doesn't love PB!!! There's an extra 10 minutes inactive prep time not listed in times. Recipe courtesy Paula Deen Episode#: PA1A18
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sifted self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
PEANUT BUTTER ICING
- 1 (16 ounce) container chocolate icing
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and flour cupcake cups and place them in muffin tins.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter until fluffy.
- Add the sugar and continue to cream for approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour and milk, alternating, into the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Add the vanilla and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Divide the batter equally among the cupcake papers.
- Level the batter by dropping muffin pan on counter top to release the air bubbles.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using a small bowl, combine the chocolate frosting and the peanut butter and blend well.
- When cupcakes have cooled, frost the tops with the peanut butter icing.
I haven't tried them yet either, but they sound great. I have a bag of self-rising flour and was wondering what I can use it for. Now I have a recipe to try.
Lee, these were so quick and so easy. The icing in wonderful! EVERYONE really enjoyed them and several people couldn't believe it was a can of frosting with PB mixed in. Thanks for sharing!