Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
It took me many times to come up with the perfect recipe for this icing. Hope you enjoy! Jello-O icing is also shown as a different recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites from large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar (10X)
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, color to complement cake
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 2 minutes. Scrape bowl. Add egg whites and mix at high speed until fluffy and smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
- Fill liners 1/2 to 2/3 full of batter. Do not overfill. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are cooking for the icing cream butter and sugar. Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water; cool to room temperature. Slowly mix cooled jell-O into butter/sugar mixture, until desired color is obtained. Entire package may notbe required.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans then remove from pan, and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Then frost cupcakes with the awesome icing!