Recipe by angellore
These are easy to make cupcakes which take no time at all. I don't own a mixer so nice and easy to make without one!
- 4 ounces butter (softened)
- 4 ounces sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 ounces self raising flour
- 3 drops vanilla essence (optional)
Buttercream Icing (Frosting)
- 6 ounces icing sugar
- 3 ounces butter (softened)
- food coloring (amount as desired)
- milk (may not be needed)
- candy, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl, Cream together well using a fork.
- Beat the two eggs in a seperate bowl, add to the butter and sugar and beat in with fork.
- Sift flour into mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence if using and mix well.
- Put 6 muffin cases into a bun tray and spoon the mixture evenly between the cases.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180degrees Celsius
- Once they are finished allow to cool before icing.
- Sift the icing sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and cream well with a fork.
- Add food colouring to reach your desired colour.
- If the icing is a little to thick to spread add a little milk to thin. Any type of milk works.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cakes and decorate as desired.