1/3 Photos of Cupcakes With Buttercream Icing
These are easy to make cupcakes which take no time at all. I don't own a mixer so nice and easy to make without one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces butter (softened)
- 4 ounces sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 ounces self raising flour
- 3 drops vanilla essence (optional)
Buttercream Icing (Frosting)
- 1Put the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl, Cream together well using a fork.
- 2Beat the two eggs in a seperate bowl, add to the butter and sugar and beat in with fork.
- 3Sift flour into mixture and mix well.
- 4Add vanilla essence if using and mix well.
- 5Put 6 muffin cases into a bun tray and spoon the mixture evenly between the cases.
- 6Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180degrees Celsius
- 7Once they are finished allow to cool before icing.
- 9Sift the icing sugar into a mixing bowl.
- 10Add the butter and cream well with a fork.
- 11Add food colouring to reach your desired colour.
- 12If the icing is a little to thick to spread add a little milk to thin. Any type of milk works.
- 13Spread the icing over the top of the cakes and decorate as desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cupcakes With Buttercream Icing
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.3
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 125.6 mg
- Sodium 258.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 46.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g