Recipe by Lali
This is a TRUE "Southern" dish. Can be made chocolate or banana instead of the traditional by leaving out nutmeg and adding banana flavor, cocoa etc.
- 8 -10 yellow cupcakes
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake yellow cupcakes from a package mix, or homemade if you prefer.
- Mix milk, corn starch, butter, nutmeg, sugar and vanilla in saucepan, or the top a of double boiler.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- It is done when it thickens (looks like gravy).
- Put cupcakes in a bowl and pour "dip" over cupcakes.