Recipe by Perfect Pixie
I made these and took them to school for the other 3 girls in my dorm. Two of them had given up chocolate for lent, so I made them these to survive. They loved them and they are so cute and great for all ages. From an Edmond's cookbook. Very quick and easy.
- 125 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons water, approx
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter, essence and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder, fold into creamed mixture, stir in milk.
- Place 12 large paper patty cases in deep muffin tins.
- Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases.
- Bake for about 16 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- When cold decorate.
- Icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter and sufficient water to mix to a spreadable consistency; flavour with essence.
- Pour sprinkles into a bowl.
- Ice cakes and then dip in sprinkles.