Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
I made these and took them to school for the other 3 girls in my dorm. Two of them had given up chocolate for lent, so I made them these to survive. They loved them and they are so cute and great for all ages. From an Edmond's cookbook. Very quick and easy.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter, essence and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder, fold into creamed mixture, stir in milk.
- Place 12 large paper patty cases in deep muffin tins.
- Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases.
- Bake for about 16 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- When cold decorate.
- Icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter and sufficient water to mix to a spreadable consistency; flavour with essence.
- Pour sprinkles into a bowl.
- Ice cakes and then dip in sprinkles.
Love your cupcakes %u2013 I love the fact that it%u2019s so simple and creative.. If you get a chance check out my
This was great to make with my nieces (6&7). It was basic, easy to follow and didn't take much time. We used an Easter aray of sprinkles and the end result looked great! I've been told the cupcakes are "delicious" and "vanilla-yumish". I found the cake mixture a little dry but still really tastey! Thanks for posting this!!