Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
These are delicous cupcakes.
- 8 ounces margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 24 ounces icing sugar
- Cake: Beat the margarine and sugar together until white and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs, milk and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the margarine mixture.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Beat the mixture.
- Pour into cupcake cases and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread frosting on the cupcakes when cool. Decorate as wished.
- Frosting: Beat the margarine until white and smooth. Add the icing sugar and the milk and beat until smooth and spreadable.
After reading the reviews, I baked mine longer at 300 degrees. They seemed less dry than what other reviewers dealt with. I also subbed lemon extract for the vanilla, and used a buttercream frosting. Then I sprinkled the frosting with a little lemon zest sugar. So simple and delicious!
i made these and the outside turned out too hard. i think the cooking time is set for too long?? decent taste, not too sweet. needs a fluffy icing to make it better. this icing was more like a glaze
Just what I was looking for since misplacing my fav cook book, although they tended to break up if moved while hot. Not too sweet.