Recipe by Mommy Diva
Yummy cupcakes to make that the kid will love! Decorate to fit any theme you need-holidays, b-day parties, showers--you name it! I LOVE the butterscotch (my fav flavor) but chocolate is fabulous as well!!
Top Review by Small Town Cook
Wonderful! I saved this recipe cause I was looking for a good filling for cupcakes. Well, I made the filling. I ran out of cupcake liners, so I put cake mix into a bundt pan. Added filling and baked. (Took about 15 minutes longer). Then instead of frosting, I sprinkled powdered sugar and chocolate shavings over top. My snooty in-laws loved it! Thank you for the recipe!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butterscotch cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs, as directed on package
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, as directed on package
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, as directed on package
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) chocolate chips or 1 (6 ounce) butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix according to recipe on box. Fill cupcakes 3/4 full.
- Mix center filling:.
- Mix egg with cream cheese and sugar.
- Add chocolate chips or butterscotch chips; mix well.
- Put 2 teaspoons of filling in center of each cupcake.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cool and frost/decorate as desired.
- Enjoy! ;).