Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy cupcakes to make that the kid will love! Decorate to fit any theme you need-holidays, b-day parties, showers--you name it! I LOVE the butterscotch (my fav flavor) but chocolate is fabulous as well!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butterscotch cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs, as directed on package
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, as directed on package
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, as directed on package
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) chocolate chips or 1 (6 ounce) butterscotch chips
- Mix cake mix according to recipe on box. Fill cupcakes 3/4 full.
- Mix center filling:.
- Mix egg with cream cheese and sugar.
- Add chocolate chips or butterscotch chips; mix well.
- Put 2 teaspoons of filling in center of each cupcake.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cool and frost/decorate as desired.
- Enjoy! ;).
Wonderful! I saved this recipe cause I was looking for a good filling for cupcakes. Well, I made the filling. I ran out of cupcake liners, so I put cake mix into a bundt pan. Added filling and baked. (Took about 15 minutes longer). Then instead of frosting, I sprinkled powdered sugar and chocolate shavings over top. My snooty in-laws loved it! Thank you for the recipe!
Oh WOW! These cupcakes were divine, but I agree that they were really rich. I put a hershey dark chocolate kiss in the middle of my cupcakes and they turned out great! However, I'd probably cut the sugar by half cos the stuffing was way too sweet for my liking. Thanks for sharing!
Once I got going on this recipe I realized it was one I had made years ago. What a lovely surprise as I had forgotten all about it. No need to frost these decadent cupcakes. I used a chocolate cakemix as I couldn't find butterscotch and used the whitechocolate/chocolate chip combo but only about 1/2 cup. They are so rich you could do w/or w/o chips. So glad you revivied this recipe for me mommy. Made for January Bev. Tag 08.