Recipe by Cupcake-Princess
I have been searching for the perfect vanilla cupcake recipe for a long time, and I've found that most of them are dry. I finally changed a recipe and it makes the perfect vanilla cupcakes that are moist and not too dense. You can frost these cupcakes with many different types of frosting like vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and more.
Top Review by amandajonsonn
I LOVED this recipe. These cupcakes were moist and fluffy and a little spongy. The tops were a little sticky and sometimes the cake would get stuck to your teeth. Not bad, just noting that. They were delicious and I made them for my boyfriend for his birthday and he loved them, he couldn't believe I made them from scratch. I used both buttercream or original frosting and cream cheese and the cream cheese overwhelmed the cupcake. The original was perfect because you could taste the vanilla and it didn't over power the cupcake. I used paper trays with a metal baking pan and they came out perfectly.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into 5 pieces
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper baking cups. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat butter and milk over low heat just until mixture is hot and butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed beat eggs, egg yolk, sugar, and vanilla until lightened in color and thickened. On low speed gradually add flour mixture and beat until blended. Slowley add hot milk mixture and beat until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between cupcake liners. Bake until toothpick inseted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack to cool completley.