Recipe by Panakanic
These tasty little sweet bites are a holiday tradition for my friend, Barbara, who gave me the recipe, so I can enjoy them all year round!
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or 3 tablespoons rum or 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- For filling, mix first 5 ingredients together, and set aside.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Mix in flour and form into 48 balls.
- Press dough into bottom and sides of mini-muffin tins.
- Place 1 tsp filling in each cup.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees, then reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you want to "gild the lily!".