Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These tasty little sweet bites are a holiday tradition for my friend, Barbara, who gave me the recipe, so I can enjoy them all year round!
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or 3 tablespoons rum or 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- For filling, mix first 5 ingredients together, and set aside.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Mix in flour and form into 48 balls.
- Press dough into bottom and sides of mini-muffin tins.
- Place 1 tsp filling in each cup.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees, then reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you want to "gild the lily!".
Wasn't exactly what I thought they were going to be. THis recipe could use a little bit more instruction on the prep.
Fun to make. :)
I'm the one who gave Panakanic the recipe! I couldn't find my copy and so came to Recipezaar to see what I could find, and there it was. A friend of mine gave me this recipe years ago and I loved it. It's not too hard to make and come out very nice looking, even if you don't dust them with powdered sugar. My mom made them for years using walnuts, but they really are best with pecans. I have noticed that there is usually dough left over, so you might want to play with the amount of filling. When I first started making them, the hardest part was finding the mini-muffin pans, but they're everywhere these days.