Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These brownies were pretty good for anyone watching their weight. A woman brought this recipe in for us girls going to WW. Sure glad they are only one point each!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl stir together remaining ingredients.
- Pour water mixture over flour mixture and,.
- Stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour into a nonstick 12 hole muffin tin coated with cooking spray.
- Filling until half full.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 5 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool.
My daughter made these tonight and they turned out really good! They are more cake like than fudgy, but the flavor and texture are good. Definitely satisfies our craving for chocolate cake. I calculated these as 2 points each for the points plus program. Thanks for posting!
More a muffin than a brownie, but with a nice light chocolate flavoring, this has a slightly chewy texture and good flavor. Couldn't leave well enough alone after reading the reviews, so made my cocoa tablespoons "heaping" instead of level, and added 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. They rose well, with nice crowns. Made 15 in my very old cupcake tins which top out at 1/4 cup liquid (so about 1/8 cup per muffin). Will make again! Will resist adding a few chocolate chips to each...well, maybe! Thanks for posting such a good recipe.
I really liked them! They satisfied my chocolate need! My whole family enjoyed them with a great big dollop of Cool Whip Free on top. I ended up spooning almost two tablespoons into each muffin cup and I got 12 brownies. Perfect light ending to a meal. Thanks!!