Recipe by Aunt Paula
These brownies were pretty good for anyone watching their weight. A woman brought this recipe in for us girls going to WW. Sure glad they are only one point each!
Top Review by Chris from Kansas
My daughter made these tonight and they turned out really good! They are more cake like than fudgy, but the flavor and texture are good. Definitely satisfies our craving for chocolate cake. I calculated these as 2 points each for the points plus program. Thanks for posting!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl stir together remaining ingredients.
- Pour water mixture over flour mixture and,.
- Stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour into a nonstick 12 hole muffin tin coated with cooking spray.
- Filling until half full.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 5 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool.