Make and share this Cupboard Turkey Kielbasa Cassoulet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 lb turkey kielbasa
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain and rinse black beans, navy beans, and kidney beans.
- Mix all ingredients in an ungreased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour or until hot and carrots are tender.
- remove bay leaf before serving.
Very easy to make, but we didn't feel for our taste it was anything special. We will finish the leftovers, just won't make again.
Darn good for a quick cassoulet! Definitely use no salt-added tomato sauce, I had one can of each and it got pretty salty. Mine also turned out kind of dry so I added a little water after it was finished. Otherwise, great!
this stuff is wonderful.. makes a bunch.. it is really tasty..I followed exactly EXCEPT the black beans(was out) so I subbed a can of butter beans.. loved it..will use black next time to get the "real feel" but gosh this is good